Welcome to Till and Trowel's Garden Blog
Jan 02, 2020
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
Hi, I'm Lauren.
I guess you could say, I know a thing or two about gardening. I've been gardening in the Overland Park Community Garden for 9 years. I always get compliments on my plot because it's beautiful, neat, and crazy productive.
Why don't the other plots look as nice as mine? Because it takes some effort and planning. And once you get started, it's easy to keep going.
This isn't that difficult, really. I would like to teach you.
As Simon Sinek says... "Start with Why."
This is why I've created Till and Trowel and why I want to share community gardening with you:
- Because it's fun! Growing is magical!
- Because gardening is a wonderful hobby - it teaches you so much about life, even today.
- Because you can eat your successes!
- Because our modern world is so far removed from our blessed Earth!
- Because it matters that you grow it yourself!
- Because no one knows where vegetables come from. (Go ahead, ask a kid.) Because most people think all tomatoes are perfect spheres and green peppers must be as big as your head.
- Because people believe that a single blemish makes a fruit "bad." No, no, and no!
- Because physical work is deeply satisfying!
- Because of the smell of freshly turned soil!
- Because it's good for the environment to grow your own!
- Because home-grown produce tastes better!
I assume you're here because you are interested in gardening! Welcome, kindred soul! Stick around, I have lots of secrets to share.
What's your gardening why?